I was working on a project this week and in the final testing phases I noticed that there was some unusual behaviour in Internet explorer.
A div with an overflow of auto had elements within it that had a position: relative class. The problem here was that the elements remained fixed in place, and the scrollbar was no longer scrolling their content.
I started using Font Squirrel a while ago to embed custom font faces into websites. After upgrading to Windows 7 I encountered a heavily documented issue about IE 9 and @font faces.
I've been working for a marketing Agency for the best part of a year now, and one of the things that always rear's its head in a digital project is the compatibility of designs in multiple browsers.
We have all encountered differences in design compatibility and functionality due to the browser vendor and version number, but the usual course of action is try and code solutions that address the differences in browsers in an effort to make them look and work in the same way.
This article examines why that is the case, and I put forward the argument that by doing this you are spending valuable project time trying to ensure the same user experience on different browsers, when it may be a much better idea to use that same development time coding to the strengths of each of those browsers, to create a more rich user experience instead of a more generic one.